COMPARATIVE RETURNS TO 31/12/17 (AFTER ALL FEES)
(1) Commencing on 1 November 2015, the Montaka Global Access Fund provides retail investors with access to a sophisticated investment strategy they would not otherwise be able to access in the Montaka Global Fund* an Australian unit trust offered to wholesale investors only.
Montaka’s investment strategy provides the opportunity to benefit from both the gains of extraordinary businesses and the declines of deteriorating businesses, with greater capital protection when share markets turn down.
Investors with an initial minimum investment of $50,000 are invited to apply.
(2) *The Montaka Global Fund was launched on 1 July 2015.
Would you prefer to talk it over? Call Dean Curnow or David Buckland on 02 8046 5000.
- Why does The Fund invest into The Montaka Fund?The Fund was established to provide retail investors with access to a sophisticated investment strategy they would not otherwise be able to access. The Fund invests in a series of interposed vehicles to share costs and to gain access to the portfolio of global listed securities.
- Is the Montaka Global Access Fund suitable for me?Investment in The Fund is suited to those investors who prefer some exposure to overseas currencies, themes and trends through a portfolio of higher-quality global business as well as a strategy seeking to provide capital protection in falling markets. Although no promise is made that you will make money – or that your original capital will be returned – the strategy employed by The Fund is intended to generate capital growth irrespective of market direction. An investment in The Fund is speculative and should only be made by investors who have a broad, diverse investment portfolio and who can bear the risk of loss of some or all of their investment. We recommend that you obtain professional advice before investing in The Fund (from an appropriately licensed financial adviser and/or tax adviser).
- Will The Fund pay distributions?The Montaka Global Access Fund will only pay distributions it receives from The Montaka Fund. However, The Montaka Fund does not intend to pay dividends or other distributions to shareholders but intends instead to reinvest any of The Montaka Fund’s income and net realised gain. Accordingly, The Fund is not expected to have any income flow through to it from its investment in The Montaka Fund. An investment in The Fund may therefore not be suitable for investors seeking a regular income stream for financial or tax planning purposes. Investors looking for a regular income may NOT find this fund suitable.